Ontario Ball Hockey Federation
Annual General Meetings
- Ø The Ontario Ball Hockey Federation (OBHF) has been given the GSBHL permission to compete in the Winter Provincials.
Ø This tournament is open to any GSBHL team, provided the team covers all expenses occurred (including $500 Provincial registration fee)
Ø The winner of Winter Provincials, DOES NOT qualify for CBHA Nationals, but earns an automatic spot in the 2020 OBHF Summer Provincials, provided the winning team, registers and competes in any OBHF sanctioned league.
- Ø A League appointed team and/or Winter Provincial Championship winning team are considered “qualified” for the 2020 OBHF Summer Provincial Championships.
- Ø The CBHA/OBHF plans on hosting a National Scouting camp in Sudbury, Ontario in 2020.
Ø Opportunity to be recognized, nationally!
Ø Approximately $125/player
Ø OBHF Registered players only
- Ø 2020 OBHF PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS:
Ø D DIVISION WINTER PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
MAY 29-31 2020
Ø D DIVISION SUMMER PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
AUGUST 21-23 2020
Ø E DIVISION SUMMER PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
AUGUST 21-23 2020
- Ø PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES:
Ø Moved ALL Men’s Provincial Championship dates, to one weekend (August 21-23rd 2020), with the exception of A Division.
Ø 2 Locations:
§ B+D Division- MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
§ C+E Division- HAMILTON, ONTARIO
Ø Must have a minimum of 11 players on roster
§ Team must have enough players to dress a full line, in order to play. Minimum of 11 players MUST be noted on roster sheet.
Ø 2020 OBHF Provincial Championship fees have increased to $500 (From $450 in 2019)
Ø Any player registered in any A Division OBHF sanctioned league, is ineligible to compete in any other OBHF Provincial Champion, with the exception of Masters 40+ A Division or Masters 50+ A Division.
Ø Red Bull to partner with OBHF for Men’s 2020 Provincial Championships
- Ø OBHF has changed its interpretation on its glove rule. Moving forward, The rule now states that:
“Only gloves rated for high impact sports, with cuff guards are permitted for use.”
Ø It is at the discretion of the game official to determine if the players gloves are deemed acceptable.
- Ø CBHA to introduce a coaching clinic (similar to the CBHA reffing clinic).
Ø 3-4 Hour in person session
Ø Program to mimic the Hockey Canada Coaching Clinic
Ø Still a work-in-progress. Will begin with all National Championship team coaches, eventually rolled down to ALL CBHA member leagues. (Competitive to House League)
Ø The program has the support of Hockey Canada.
- Ø OBHF emphasizes the importance of concussion awareness and protocols.
Ø Remove/Return Policy
Ø Visit Coaching Association of Canada’s website for more information
Ø Safe Sport
- Ø OBHF plans on updating and re-designing it’s website in 2020
Ø OBHF Rule Book NOW ONLINE!
- Ø The OBHF has reached a partnership with MLSE Launchpad.
- Ø NEW OBHF BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPOINTMENTS:
Ø Frank Zampini (BHL)- Men’s V.P
Ø Jerry Bates (YCBHL)- Treasurer
Ø Phil Willard (KBHL)- Technical Director